If entertaining is your forte, you’re a budding mixologist or a wine connoisseur, then a custom-built bar is for you! An at-home bar is the perfect space to unwind on the weekend or after a long day at work.Thinking about adding a chic custom bar to your home? Whether you want your favorite bottles on full display or a more speakeasy style that’s hidden-away, you’ll want to drink up our tips to get your home bar design perfect!
Where Should Your Home Bar Go?
The first part of the bar planning process begins with surveying your unique space. Where do you ideally want your home bar to go? This will help determine the size and shape.While you might already have an idea in your head for the perfect spot, here are some things to keep in mind:
- How many people would you like to be able to sit at the bar?
- Will you have a high stop seating area?
- What shape and size will the bar be?
- Open shelving with a full display or built-in storage to hide the bar when not in use?
- Do you want to incorporate your custom-bar into your living room, bonus space, or near the kitchen/dining room?
Considering these things first will make the custom bar design process much easier!
Designing an At-Home Bar
There are a lot of design choices to think about when coming up with a design for your custom home bar. It’s more than the style, you have the countertops, cabinetry, backsplash, and decor to think about.Showcase your prized bottle of scotch or show off your beautiful vintage stemware with custom cabinets with glass windows. Add lighting underneath the cabinets to create a dramatic ambiance around your bar. Tres chic!We can help you design a unique custom bar and partner with some of the best interior designers near Tampa! Contact C & C Cabinets for a consultation: (813) 876-6780
Get Inspired: Beautifully Unique Cabinet Colors
Style Meets Function
The sky's the limit for customization and accessories for your bar. While access to ice or wine storage are key components to keeping the party going, here are a few other options to consider:
- If you have a beer lover in the family, include a draft beer system.
- Incorporate a built-in bar sink or a small dishwasher for easy bar and glassware cleanup, even if you are near a kitchen.
- Include a microwave, small pizza oven, etc. to make snacks (we can build an appliance cabinet to hide it away when not in use. Have a mini-fridge? We can cover that with wood overlay panels for a seamless look.)
- Keep all your bar accessories at hand with custom-built organizing drawers
- Blend custom shelves or wine storage to show off your favorite glassware and bottles. The stories will abound when you tell the tale of these pieces.
Designing a custom outdoor bar? Read this: Crafting Chic Outdoor Cabinetry
Consider Bar Storage
Having ample storage is key to a well-thought-out, chic home bar design. Our custom cabinetry builders know that everyone has unique needs for your storage. No matter the size of your bar, and your drink of choice, there are plenty of storage options available.Do you love wine? Incorporate a wine cellar and wine fridge into your bar design.Have kids? You may want to consider a liquor cabinet that locks.We’ll chat with you to make sure you have ample storage space that functions well for your family to fully enjoy your new showstopping bar!
Complete the Chic Custom Bar with Seating
Cheers to the best seat in the house! You’ll want to finish off your custom home bar with complimentary seating. We recommend choosing a seat or stool with a high back for utmost comfort.Remember: make sure that your stools are the right height for your bar. A common bar height is 40 inches so a stool that is 30 inches tall should be the perfect fit.
Create a Unique At-Home Bar With the Cabinet Chic
Whether you live in a mid-century modern ranch house or a farmhouse-style space, we can help you design a custom bar to perfectly complement your design aesthetic!From custom cabinetry to shelving and built-ins, we have the storage solutions to make your bar an organized oasis that you will want to spend time at! Live near Tampa, FL, then please contact our custom cabinet designers at (813) 876-6780 to begin building the home bar of your dreams!Design Inspiration: House and Home Bertch Davenport