Creating a custom-built, at-home bar is an exciting endeavor, and our designers at The Cabinet Chic are here to ensure you make the most out of it! From organization to storage, we can help transform your bar into a mixologist's paradise. And to add a cherry on top, we'll toss in a few drink recipes to spruce up your entertaining or unwind after a long day.
Here's what's on the menu:
- Storage Tips
- Bar Organization
- Easy Drink Recipes
Alright, it's time to roll up our sleeves and transform your at-home bar into a fabulous mixology hub!
Maximizing Storage Space in Your Custom Built-In Bar
With a little creativity and organization, you can make the most of your bar space!
Custom cabinetry is a great option for organizing your at-home bar. Not only does it provide ample storage for bottles and glassware, but it also adds a touch of elegance to your space. Cabinets with glass doors are particularly beneficial as they allow you to display your collection while keeping it dust-free.
From modern to traditional, cabinets come in a wide range of styles. Choose a style that aligns with your home decor for a cohesive look.
Custom shelving is a fantastic way to personalize your at-home bar. You can design these shelves to suit your aesthetic and storage needs. Whether you're a fan of rustic wooden shelves or sleek, contemporary ones, the possibilities are endless. Plus, they can be made to fit odd-shaped bottles or specialty barware, ensuring everything has its place and is easily accessible.
Make the best use of your bar room's architecture with built-in storage. Built-ins can give your at-home bar a polished, professional look. They're also incredibly practical, allowing you to dedicate space to everything from your wine collection to your high-end mixology tools.
Best of all, built-ins can be customized to meet the specific needs of your space and bar setup.
One of the most effective ways to maximize your storage is to install custom drawers. These drawers can be designed to fit your utensils and barware perfectly, keeping everything organized and within reach.
- Design drawers to accommodate various sizes of barware, from shot glasses to wine goblets.
- Consider a separate drawer for cocktail shakers, strainers, muddlers, and other mixing tools. This will keep them from getting lost among your glassware.
Organizing Your Bar Tools and Accessories
Keep your bar tidy and functional with these organizing tips:
- Store frequently used items like shakers and jiggers in easy-to-reach places.
- Use drawer dividers or small containers to prevent small items like bottle stoppers and straws from getting lost.
- Display your glassware on shelves or in a glass-fronted cabinet for easy access.
- Keep your ice bucket and tongs near the freezer for convenience.
Selecting the Right Storage for Your Liquor
Preserve the quality of your spirits with proper storage. Consider:
- Shelf or Bar Cart: Perfect for displaying your collection and keeping everything within reach.
- Built-In Refrigerator: Great for white wines, vermouths, and other spirits that need to be kept cool.
- Liquor cabinet: Protects your valuable spirits from light and heat, which can degrade their quality over time.
Now, let's make some cocktails!
Elevate Your Cocktail Game
Try these delicious cocktails for your next night in!
Classic Old Fashioned
The Old Fashioned is a timeless cocktail that every at-home mixologist should master.
- 2 oz Bourbon or Rye whiskey
- 1 sugar cube (or 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar)
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- A splash of water
- Ice cubes
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Cocktail cherry, for garnish
- Place the sugar cube at the bottom of a rocks glass.
- Add the bitters and a splash of water.
- Muddle until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the whiskey of your choice.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with an orange twist and a cocktail cherry.
When made correctly, it's a balanced blend of sweet, bitter, and boozy, making it ideal for sipping.
If you're looking to create an impressive cocktail right from the comfort of your at-home bar, look no further than the classic Moscow Mule.
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces of ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a copper mug or a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Pour vodka and lime juice over the ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
With its simplicity and crowd-pleasing flavor, the Moscow Mule is a go-to for any at-home mixologist!
Allow us to introduce you to a classic Mexican cocktail that's a close cousin of the Margarita - the Paloma.
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz. grapefruit juice (preferably fresh)
- Splash of soda
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Wet the rim of your glass with a lime wedge, then dip it into salt.
- In your glass, combine the tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit juice.
- Fill the rest of your glass with ice and top it off with a splash of soda.
- Garnish your glass with a grapefruit wedge, and voilà!
More At-Home Bar Inspiration > How to Set Up a Swanky Home Bar
Happiness is an At-Home Bar
Ready to take your at-home bar from 'meh' to 'magnificent'? Our passionate team is all about amping up your bar area's functionality while cranking its aesthetic appeal up to eleven. Need custom-built-ins? Storage solutions? Our eye for detail and unwavering dedication to top-notch craftsmanship will ensure your bar doesn't just become a space, but the place for entertaining guests.