Let’s face it, that TV and mini fridge in the spare room isn’t the mancave you wish you had. Especially when extra rooms are used partially as storage, it can be hard to find the right place to unwind. However, with the power of custom cabinetry, you can have the perfect storage AND the mancave of your dreams.
Whether you have a small room or large garage the Cabinet Chic, explains how to build the ultimate mancave.
First things first; you’ll need some new storage to free up space for your new mancave. Here are our top picks:
Vertical Storage / Wall Storage
Utilizing the walls is one of the most effective ways to add extra storage. Tall and accessible cabinetry can free up space and make the room look much fuller.
For those of us with a large collection of various pieces, open shelves and cabinets are a great way to organize your garage without losing track of your items. They also make it easy to identify what you have and where it is.
Bonus Blog > Is Open Shelving a Fad or is it Here to Stay?
An Entertainers Paradise
A custom built-in entertainment center is the perfect way to give your mancave that polished look, no matter what room it is in. Whether it is a tight squeeze or a huge blank canvas, C&C Cabinets can help put together a mancave entertainment center that looks like it belongs there!
When designing a built-in entertainment center:
- Create a list of your electronics and their dimensions to ensure that there is enough space in your built-in design
- Integrate your TV into your unit, or above built-in shelves
- Embrace the architectural design or theme of your house and incorporate it into your built-ins
- Keep it minimal, so it doesn’t distract from the entertainment itself
Don’t Forget the Games
Not just “the game” on a Thursday night, but games for everyone to play and enjoy. Consider adding popular pub games into your space, such as a pool table, air hockey, or even a classic arcade machine.
Bring more fun into your mancave by adding more bar staples, like a jukebox and dart board.
Add in Your Own Bar
Adding a dry or wet bar to your mancave is as essential part of the experience. When friends come over to watch the game, make sure you’re fit to keep their taste buds entertained as well!
The sky's the limit for customization and accessories for your bar. While access to ice or wine storage are key components to keeping the party going, here are a few other options to consider:
- Include a draft beer system to bring the full bar experience to your home
- Incorporate a built-in bar sink or a small dishwasher for easy cleanup
- Include space for a built-in microwave to whip up snacks
- Keep all your bar accessories at hand with custom-built organizing drawers
- Toss empty bottles into integrated trash cans and recycling bins
Contact C&C Cabinets for a Consultation
From innovative storage solutions to built-in entertainment centers, the Cabinet Chic can help you every step of the way when creating your very own mancave.
Ready to turn your spare room into the spot to be? Contact C&C Cabinets today and set up a consultation with our Tampa, FL designers to get started on your new favorite room!